2. In order to demonstrate our sensitivity to your concerns about the Association's collection and use of information you may submit to us through your use of the Website or Mobile Application, we want to inform you of our information use and collection practices when visiting our Website or using our Mobile Application. Specifically, we will inform you:
We reserve the right to contact visitors to our Website or Mobile Application regarding their status as an alumni, any account status and changes to the Website, these Guidelines or any Terms and Conditions of Use or any other policies or agreements relevant to visitors of the Website or Mobile Application. You may access such documentation through the Legal Notices Page available through the homepage of the Website.
2. Information Collection and Use
1. We, the Association, are the sole owner of the information submitted to us or collected from visitors of the Website and Mobile Application. We will not sell, share or rent this information to any unaffiliated third party.
2. When you perform a search on the Website by use of our search engine, we record no information identifying you or linking you to the search performed. As necessary to provide this service, we do record limited information for every search request and use that information only to solve technical problems with this service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
3. Although we may request from those who register with our Online Community certain information about their children for purposes of our "SCion" program, we do not currently accept any information submitted to or posted at the Website from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted at the Website by children under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or legal guardian. Since the Website and Mobile Application are is directed to alumni of the University of Southern California, we do not allow children under 13 to register at the Website or Mobile Application or to receive direct marketing communications arising from their use of the Website or Mobile Application and, therefore, we do not provide any personally identifiable information from children under 13 to any third party.
4. Unless you follow the procedures described in Section 18 below, we reserve the right, directly or indirectly or through one or more affiliated third parties, to use the information you submit to send you information about the Association, the services and products available on or through the Website or Mobile Application and other topics in which you may have expressed an interest.
3. Location Information Collection and Use for the Fight Online Mobile Application
1. The Fight Online Mobile Application collects information about your physical location and shares it with other members who view “nearby” posts.
2. Please do not download the Fight Online Mobile Application if you do not wish your location to be known. To turn off location services on the iPhone, go to: settings > location services > off.
4. Content Guidelines for Fight Online Community and Mobile Application
You are able to post messages, photographs, and other content (“Content”) to the Fight Online Website and Mobile Application.
You may not post any Content that:
5. Access to Your Information by Other Online Community and Fight Online Mobile Application Users
6. Registration with the Online Community (and the Mobile Application)
1. In order to register with our Online Community, as well as the Mobile Application, and to further personalize your experience when using our Website and Mobile Application, you are required to complete the registration form available by clicking on the “Register” link at the Website's homepage or click on “Fight Online” at the Mobile Application’s login page.
7. User ID/Password Updates/Reporting Lost or Stolen Passwords
1. Your USC Lifetime e-mail Forwarding Address is available to alumni registrants of the Online Community and requires the following protocol: Firstname.Lastname@alumni.usc.edu. Your password must be a minimum of six characters consisting of an easy to remember combination of letters and/or numbers. Remember not to share your password with anyone. Any changes or updates to your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address or your password can be made through the "Permanent E-mail" tab at the left hand side bar in the Online Community area of our Website. Any changes to your User ID must be in writing by completing the online User ID Change Request form available in the Help Section of our Website.
2. If you forget your password, or if it is stolen or used without your permission, immediately notify us by telephone at 213-742-3400 or by sending us a letter at the address set forth on the Legal Notices Page. Upon receipt of your notification, we will cancel your password and update your records. You may be unable to access certain services while we process your request and/or password change.
8. Lifetime E-mail Forwarding
1. The User ID that is selected for your use with our Online Community is necessary to establish your USC Lifetime email Forwarding address. You may use or register only one email address with your USC Lifetime email Forwarding Address to receive forwarded messages. In order to update the email address to which your email is being forwarded, you will need to log into the Online Community available through the homepage of the Website and click on "Permanent E-mail" at the left hand side bar, enter your current User ID and password and follow the instructions displayed.
1. When visiting the Website, we place Internet "cookies" on your computer's hard drive for session information, including information needed to operate certain features available on the Website. Once your browser is closed, the session cookie is not saved.
2. Although you can set your browser to reject "cookies" and still use the Website, you may have a more limited experience when visiting the Website, since the cookies placed on your hard drive enable us to track and target your interests in the features or services which may be available on the Website.
3. Generally, cookies placed on your computer's hard drive contain a string of numbers and letters to help us identify the user to the Website and do not contain personally identifiable information you have submitted to us.
10. Log Files
1. We use Internet Protocol or "IP" addresses to analyze trends impacting the use of the Website, administer the Website, track your movement when visiting the Website. Your IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information you may have submitted to us.
11. Sharing of Information with Third Parties
1. We do not share any of your personally identifiable information you submit to us with any unaffiliated third parties.
12. Links and Frames
1. The Website and Mobile Application contains links to, or frames, other websites. These links and frames are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the contents of such third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of materials on such websites. If you decide to access linked or framed third party websites, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to be aware of this upon leaving our Website and to read the privacy policies or statements of each website that may collect any information from you.
13. Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time, our Website or Mobile Application may request you submit personally identifiable information by way of surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you are under no obligation to disclose any information which may be requested. Information which may be requested includes your name, shipping address, age level and other identifying information. The information you submit will be used to notify you in the event you have won any prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website or Mobile Application.
1. When you submit information to us through the Website (or the Mobile Application), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us via a secure sockets layer ("SSL") connection. To learn more about SSL, please click here.
2. In addition to using 128-bit SSL encryption technology to protect the transmission of this information, access to such information is limited to employees on a need-to-know basis required to perform customer service and other necessary operations.
3. If you have any questions or concerns about security for our Website (or Mobile Application), you can send an email to email@example.com.
15. Special Offers
1. Upon registering with our Online Community, you will receive a(n) email (confirmation) verifying your User ID and password. Unless otherwise directed by you and in accordance with the [opt-out] procedures set forth below, registrants of the Online Community will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals, which may be available through the Website or Mobile Application in addition to our newsletter. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, visit alumni.usc.edu and login to Fight Online and visit the 'Email Preferences' page to deselect email categories.
16. Updates to the Website, Fight Online Mobile Application and Services Available
1. As an alumni who registers with our Online Community, you will also receive announcements relating to updates to our Website or Mobile Application in addition to the services available from time to time.
17. Correction/Updating Personal Information
1. If any of the information you have submitted to us through the Website or Mobile Application requires updating or correcting, or if you no longer want to be contacted by us, please follow the instructions available at the "Member Services Page" and clicking on the appropriate service you require, or should you require our assistance, simply click on the "Contact Us" link to submit your request to us directly.
18. (Website) Choice/Opt-out
1. In the event you do not wish to receive any special offers or other communications from us or our affiliated third parties, simply reply to the communication by typing "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. In addition, registrants of the Online Community are able to prevent third parties from viewing their name, year of graduation and other information displayed in the online directory available at the Website by writing to us at the address set forth on the Legal Notices Page, or by following the instructions at the "Member Services Page" of the Website. You will still be able to access the features of the Online Community.
19. Notification of Changes
1. Any changes or updates to these Guidelines or any other policy or practice will be effective immediately upon posting such changes or updates to the Website or Mobile Application. However, any use of information you submit will be in accordance with the terms of the Guidelines in effect at the time such information was submitted.
20. No Liability for Acts of Third Parties
1. Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the information you submit, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We, the Association, will have no liability for disclosure of the information you submit to us due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
21. Interactions with Other Members
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER FIGHT ONLINE MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE “ASSOCIATION” DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS. THE “ASSOCIATION” ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS. THE “ASSOCIATION” MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE MEMBERS. THE “ASSOCIATION” RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
22. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE “ASSOCIATION” OR THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATION AND ANY RELATED SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS, EVENTS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THIS SERVICE OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THIS SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE SERVICE, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE “ASSOCIATION” AND THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA MAKES NO GUARANTEES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING YOUR ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY WITH INDIVIDUALS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION (FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION) TO OTHER MEMBERS. )